Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best RC Boat for Kids Reviews in 2019
- How to Diagnose Your RC Car?
- Best RC Monster Truck Reviews: Grave Digger, Bigfoot and More
- Top 5 Best RC Buggy Reviews in 2019: Which Should You Buy?
- RC Car Remotes: Learn About the Different Types of Controllers
- List of 10 Best RC Trucks Reviews
- 1. Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck with 2.4GHz Radio
- 2. Traxxas Slash 1/10 Scale 2WD Short Course Racing Truck
- 3. Traxxas Rustler RTR with XL-5 ESC Vehicle
- 4. Traxxas 68086-4 1/10 Slash 4X4 4WD Electric Vehicle
- ̀5. Cheerwing 1:16 2.4Ghz 4WD RC Truck High-Speed Off-road Remote Control Car Short Course Truck
- 6. Rabing Newer 2.4GHz Racing RC Cars Electric Rock Crawler
- 7. HOSIM Hobby Grade RC Car S912
- 8. Traxxas 58034-1-MARK 1/10-Scale 2WD Short Course Racing Truck
- 9. Redcat Racing Volcano EPX Electric Truck
- 10. Traxxas 1/18 LaTrax Teton 4X4 Electric Monster Truck
- RC Truck Buying Guide
Driving an RC truck is more exhilarating compared to a standard RC car. RC trucks are ideal for driving on harder terrain and advanced models are now waterproof. You too can race with RC trucks and you and your group of close friends can have mini quests with your models. For instance, you can compare whose truck drives up the rocks faster or lands a flip better.
We have compiled a list of RC Trucks that are the best trucks to begin the journey, as well as a buyer’s guide to extending your knowledge. This information can assist you in picking the best RC truck for your future use.
List of 10 Best RC Trucks Reviews
1. Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck with 2.4GHz Radio
A robust body joined to a powerful engine is the perfect recipe for success. These two combined provide high speeds that will be hard to beat. There is no interference from other radio frequencies, which means you can control your own truck. This truck is perfect for outdoor adventures such as climbing rough terrain.
You can push the limits with this RC truck’s fine craftsmanship. The engine is an electrical brushed 27T 540 Motor. The body is made with polycarbonate and the four wheels are shock absorbent and filled with aluminum capped oil. You will get a forward and backward transmission drive and long drive times as the battery is 2000mAh. A charger is included with the purchase.
A 2.4 GHz Radio is included which has a range of 300 feet. There will be no interference in the radio frequencies when you race. This model drives at a rapid speed without flips because the wheels’ high traction keeps the car firmly on the ground. The RC truck is very sturdy and durable because of its dominant design. You can make it climb rocks and even if it rolls down it will still be in great condition.
The front bumper is more vulnerable to impact than other body parts. If the truck crashes with the bumper first into a hard object it has consequences for the suspensions and the wheels’ axle, resulting in difficult steering. It will be a challenge to install the replacement parts. The truck might need to be stripped completely to have better access to install the new part
The traction on the wheels makes this truck drivable on any terrain including snow. When fully charged you can drive the truck for 30 minutes. Charging takes approximately three hours. For those that can’t wait for it to be fully charged, purchase an additional battery. Once one is drained you can quickly install the spare and continue the thrill of driving.
2. Traxxas Slash 1/10 Scale 2WD Short Course Racing Truck
The sleek metal design and powerful engines equate to a strong torque and makes it robust against any impacts. An added benefit of this truck is that it’s simple to use for beginners. However, this model can’t handle grass well when compared to its 4×4 version.
This Traxxas model brings speed and torque via its Titan 12-turn 550 modified motor and its metal gear Magnum 272 transmission. The design of this truck includes waterproof materials and satin-finished 2.2 Slash Wheels. A battery charger is included and it charges faster than other RC truck chargers.
What makes this a contender for the best RC truck is that the batteries are fully recharged in a shorter amount of time compared to other brands. Beginners will be satisfied with buying this RC truck for a start, as it’s simple and fast to drive. Once they are familiar with the RC trucks, beginners — and expert drivers — can install upgrades to enhance the smooth driving and durability.
It’s best to purchase the 4×4 version of this brand because it can drive on grass better than this specific model. The charger supplied is only the cable. Users need to acquire a wall unit as well.
Purchasing this RC truck will be a great bargain. With its uncomplicated radio control, amateurs will have no problem operating this RC truck. Its fast charging feature and speed provide endless hours of thrilling entertainment.
3. Traxxas Rustler RTR with XL-5 ESC Vehicle
This truck is ready to use straight out of its packaging without needed assembly. There is no lag when it comes to its take off, and it’s fast on roads and hills. Dust and mud are easily removed to ensure it looks as stunning as the first day you bought it. The distance it drives without any communication lost is at least the length of 10 properties in most streets, making it perfect for fun at home.
A high speed of 35mph is achieved thanks to the Titian 12-turn 550 modified Motor and the XL-5 ESC. You will experience power when driving as there is a torque-control slipper clutch, harden steel wheels and forceful rear wheels. The expert construction makes it unsusceptible to conditions such as snow, mud, and water.
Once the truck hits the ground the thrill will never end. As soon as it’s out of its packaging it’s ready to use. The breaks have a quick response system. It’s fast on roads and hills. It can withstand mud and is dust resistant.
Maintaining this RC truck will be easy as replacement parts are easy to find. With its strong motor and extended radio distance, you will be driving the RC truck along the block without infrared interceptions.
Only the electrical circuit is under warranty. Any parts that break will need to be purchased yourself and not supplied by the manufacturer. The charger doesn’t arrive with a wall unit. Replacement parts and the wall unit charger are expensive to acquire.
When this RC truck is in perfect condition it’s entertaining to win a race with it on any terrain. The wheels’ traction prevents the truck from flipping during fast turns. Its waterproof and anti-dust materials provide durability in any weather conditions.
4. Traxxas 68086-4 1/10 Slash 4X4 4WD Electric Vehicle
This 4×4 RC truck reaches a top speed of 40mph. Its unique waterproof design protects its motor and electrical unit from water damage. The unique waterproofing ensures the truck can be driven on mud, water, and snow.
This 4×4 wheel drive reaches speeds above 60mph. Brushless motor power and unique waterproof electronics give the RC trucks strength against mud, water, and snow. Traxxas provides full customer service and replacement parts.
It’s a well-built truck which gives a quality performance. You can reach higher speeds than stipulated if you install a three cell lipo battery.
Batteries are not included in the purchase.
This RC truck is ideally made for those that are experienced because experts understand speeds and turn better than amateurs.
̀5. Cheerwing 1:16 2.4Ghz 4WD RC Truck High-Speed Off-road Remote Control Car Short Course Truck
It’s strong, brushed 390 motor would make you believe this RC truck is driving at high speeds although its maximum speed is only 30mph. This RC truck is also perfect for the outdoors as the motor enables it to drive up hard terrain and the shock absorbers ensure that it will not slam hard into the ground.
With a maximum speed of 30mph, you will still experience a fast and sturdy driving time. You will also have realistic racing and off-road game driving. The speed is powered by a 390 brushed motor which makes it ideal for the outdoors.
The wheels are fitted with shock absorbers so that the truck can maneuver in unexpected terrain changes. The radio connection between the truck and the controller is sound and responsive, with a range of 250 feet.
The waterproof materials help with an easy cleanup procedure. Without the batteries inserted you can rinse the mud off the truck and blow dry it. The highly durable materials prevent body parts from breaking, though a small dent may occur from hard impacts. The steering controls’ responsive adjustments can be adjusted to gain greater control.
Faulty wiring of the electrical circuit can cause the mechanics to not work as they should. You may find it won’t reverse.
This entry level truck brings an abundance of amusement. You won’t need to play it safe and ride it on smooth dry surfaces. The construction materials ensure that it’s not only durable but also water resistant. Clean up will be a breeze with this truck.
6. Rabing Newer 2.4GHz Racing RC Cars Electric Rock Crawler
Let this RC truck allow you to drive it over any terrain. This inexpensive rock crawler is the perfect entry level RC truck for beginners. It’s easy to control the movement of the truck as it’s highly responsive to its radio control.
The strong engine provides a large amount of torque power by which the truck can climb over objects in rough terrain. The tires are made with PVC materials to provide flexibility and a strong grip control. The wheels incorporate a suspension that ensures it withstands uneven ground levels. The suspension also provides a shockproof function for the body of the truck. As a result, the inner electronics are protected.
Moving from one terrain to another doesn’t reduce the torque power. The numerous bolts and screws on the body ensure that it’s functional after impact without damage being done to the engine or the outer body. The remote is easy to control and operate not only for adults but for young children too.
Charging takes up to 60 minutes. The battery and the wall charger are prone to damage. It’s recommended not to overcharge and to remove the charger from the wall when not in use.
This is a cheap RC truck brand which makes it an ideal entry-level vehicle for beginners. The steering is easy to control and manipulate, and virtually indestructible. It’s a fun item to pass the time with, when groups of friends are together, especially to challenge each other to perform tricks.
7. HOSIM Hobby Grade RC Car S912
This Hosim RC truck is an easy and sturdy vehicle to operate. Because of this, it’s a good choice to consider when starting out with RC trucks. After enjoying periods of simple driving, you can start mastering the art of performing tricks. You can learn how to make doughnuts without tipping the truck over during turns.
The brush 390 motor is the largest in the class providing speeds up to 33mph. The truck is highly responsive at a distance of 260 feet. You have full control of the throttle and speed to increase the response of the system.
The tire suspension provides ultimate off-road experience and you can perform a specialized operation like drifting, turns and flipping. This truck can be driven on any terrain such as sand, grass wet mud and marshlands.
It’s impressively fast. With its long battery life, you can experience long periods of driving time. Once you get the hang of it you will experience the effective traction of the wheels. You can perform tricks such as doughnuts without the truck tipping over. If ever you need replacement parts, Hosim will provide them.
The description mentions that it drives well on any terrain. However, there will be difficulty in driving it on grass, even when the grass is short. The RC truck takes a while to respond to the reverse command. As an entry level RC truck, it’s susceptible to breakage, which is why replacement parts are provided.
This is a cheap RC truck to begin this exciting hobby. It’s fast enough for you to acquire the skills of matching speed and movement. The steering will need time to get used to, but in the end, it will be worthwhile as it’s a sturdy car suitable for most terrain.
8. Traxxas 58034-1-MARK 1/10-Scale 2WD Short Course Racing Truck
If you want more fun and want to race your friends, then this RC truck must be the top candidate on your list of options. What makes this truck almost unbeatable is the Titan 12 turn 550 modified motor. The body construction also guarantees its durability after impact.
This is another RC truck from Traxxas that is equipped with a Titan 12 turn 550 modified motor. The Magnum 272 transmission provides higher torque power. The body and the electrical speed control are water resistant. The construction includes satin tires 2.2 slash wheels.
This truck provides high racing speeds and is completely durable so it can survive crashes. It endures impacts that the terrain provides without a reduction in torque. The battery lasts for 30 minutes. To extend the drive time, buy an additional battery to use while the other is recharging. Fully replaceable parts are provided to increase the longevity of the truck.
There is an inconvenience when charging as it’s sold with only a car lighter charger. Provisions need to be made to acquire a wall charger. Just like any other motor vehicle, overuse can cause the RC truck to overheat, so don’t overexert this model.
Despite the inconvenience of the supplied charger, the car is worth it thanks to a decent amount of drive time. When starting to learn how to drive the RC truck you will experience crashes, but luckily you can order replacement parts to repair and maintain the truck.
9. Redcat Racing Volcano EPX Electric Truck
An electrical brushed 27T 540 motor, combined with a robust body construction, gives you enhanced performance in terms of durability and speed. This truck is safe to drive on rocky terrain as it’s not prone to damages caused by uneven ground.
An electrical brushed 27T 540 motor connected with a polycarbonate body results in highly powerful, durable machinery. The battery contains 2000mAh that ensures long periods of amusement.
The truck’s battery is rechargeable; however, the radio requires eight AA batteries that are not included in the packaging. The advanced feature that this RC truck provides compared to similar models is the waterproof electronics.
If you’re looking for an RC truck that can resist a little dirt then this is the tuck to have. It’s a fine option to have if you want to drive it in the garden without the fear of dust and water causing damage to the motor. It’s completely durable after climbing rocks and other terrains and parts are easily repairable when necessary.
You can make upgrades if you want to, which in turn will give the truck more power. Simply make sure the parts are compatible with the model. This is a perfect RC truck to give to children as it’s easy to drive.
The front suspension can suffer damage on rough terrain. No user manual is included, so other forms of research will need to be done to assist you in operating the truck. The batteries included are too small for the truck. If bigger, stronger batteries are fitted then you can extend its drive time.
This RC truck is also ideal for those who want to enter the RC truck driving world. It can take a hit and will not let a little water or dust stand in its way of proving to you it was worth the purchase. If you want extended drive time, place a slightly larger battery in the truck.
10. Traxxas 1/18 LaTrax Teton 4X4 Electric Monster Truck
The oil filled suspension enables this RC truck to withstand any type of terrain including wet grounds caused by rain or snow. You will have full control of this truck while driving as the steering is highly responsive.
This four wheel drive has a firm grip on the terrain it drives on. The oiled filled suspension makes it withstand the bumps on the road. This truck can be driven in most weather conditions thanks to its all-around waterproof materials. A wall charger is provided making it more convenient compared to most other models on the market.
This is the best RC truck for professional drivers. Inexperienced drivers will cause crashes because they don’t yet have the skill of matching steering to speed. It can handle driving in mud and can be ridden in the yard. When performing tricks such as a flip, it does so with precision and lands on all four wheels again.
Suspensions aren’t of the best quality as stated in its marketing. It’s best to be careful when performing tricks to not damage the suspension. Before driving be certain the shocks are properly secured in place.
This model can also be used by children learning how to drive RC trucks. By reducing the throttle they are able to control the truck with ease. This item is wonderful for performing tricks, granted you know the suspensions are proper.
RC Truck Buying Guide
It’s not a simple task to purchase an RC truck, especially if you have no prior background knowledge. If you understand the different types of RC trucks, it will be easier to buy something worth your while.
There are five types of RC trucks, each of which has their own characteristics.
- Monster: These trucks have big tires, crushing anything in their way. Monster trucks are more advanced with a brushless motor and high powered Lipo batteries. Newer models are can now reach speeds higher than 60mph.
- Short course: This type is the best type to race with. Its high powered engine ensures it’s unbeatable.
- Stadium: This is an excellent choice for off-road driving. Its construction ensures it withstands any terrain. Some models exceed the previous limit of 65mph.
- Truggy: These are similar to monster trucks however they have better performance and better suspension. While monster trucks are ideal for driving along on uneven terrain, Truggies are perfect to race with.
- Scale 4×4: These are the perfect options to drive on hike trails, over rocks and they are also waterproof.
An RC truck’s engine can either be brushed or a brushless motor.
- Brushed motors: These make use of a brush that generates power for the engine.
- Brushless motors: These make use of no brushes, which decreases friction and overheating.
- Ribbed: Ribbed tires are normally on the front two wheels of the truck, which makes for exceptional side tractions. These types of tires are best suited for off-road riding.
- Grooved: Driving on hard surfaces will cause a medium to low fade on the tires. This makes for exceptional grip on the ground.
- Slicks: Slick tires are made from rubber or foam. There is either a high traction or even traction on surfaces. On off-road courses, there will be no traction.
- Paddle: Provides high traction on sand terrain. However, the wear and tear are high on hard terrain, especially through high acceleration.
- V-Groove: V-Groove and slicks are alike, although V-groove traction is enhanced especially through accelerating in wet conditions.
- X Pin: Higher vulnerability to wear and tear on hard surfaces. The traction is low on harder terrain while providing the opposite on sand.
The batteries provided with your RC trucks can be one of four types:
- It provides high current
- There is a low self-discharge
- Low temperatures won’t affect it
- These are heavier than other batteries
- Suffers from memory or voltage depression
- It’s not environmentally friendly
- Maximum mAh is 2700
- No memory or voltage effects
- Environmentally friendly
- Higher risk of self-discharge
- It’s unsuited for some receiver packs due to its high capacity
- It has a high power/weight ratio compared to other batteries
- The self-discharge is low
- They are less affected by lower temperatures
- Overcharging will present irreparable consequences
- It can’t handle over discharging
- They are highly flammable and should be kept away from fires
- It’s the highest power/weight ratio battery
- There is a very low self-discharge
- Over/under-charge or discharge is tolerated
- Perfect for RC items as there is no need for regulators
- There is a limited amount of battery capacity available
- It’s not manufactured in standards sizes such as AA
- A specific LiFePO4 capable charger is needed
Last update on 2019-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API