Table of Contents
- Top 11 Printers for Chromebook Reviews
- 1. Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless Color Photo All-In-One Printer
- 2. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 3. Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer
- 4. Canon PIXMA MG2920 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
- 5. Epson Expression Premium XP-620 Wireless Color Photo Printer
- 6. Canon TS9120 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- 7. Canon MG7720 Wireless All-In-One Printer
- 8. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
- 9. Brother MFC-9330CDW All-in-One Color Laser Printer
- 10. Canon 2986C002 PIXMA TS6220 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
- 11. Epson XP-830 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Many people today use a chromebook which runs using Google’s Chrome OS and trust me they love it. So, if you’re one of them and is on a hunt for a chromebook compatible printer then you’ve definitely come to the right place.
Chromebooks are designed to make extensive use of Google cloud services. Almost every app that works on a Chromebook does so, using an Internet connection. Printing functions work in the same manner, utilising an app called, Google cloud print. While this can be an entirely new concept for users who have migrated from Windows, printing on a Chromebook is a pretty straightforward procedure.
Now there are a lot of good and bad printers available online today which are compatible with chromebook. Such wide range of options can lead to a confusion. However, the good news is we have already done the hard work for you by segregating the top 5 printers so you won’t have a hard time selecting the best ones for your needs.
The printers listed below are certified products of good quality. This is based on a careful assessment of each chromebook printer through buyer comments and product comparison, all to provide a comprehensive guide to buying a printer that fits you the best.
So without further ado, let’s take a look at the best list below:
Top 11 Printers for Chromebook Reviews
1. Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless Color Photo All-In-One Printer
Best Printer for Chromebook 2020
We are starting our top 5 list by adding our #1 recommendation – Canon PIXMA MG7120. This printer comes in 4 different colors and all colors offer different prices ranging from $140 – $395. This is a great wireless color printer which offers the facilities of print, copy, and scan. It’s a fast and high-quality printer.
This printer measures 18.4 x 14.6 x 5.9 inches and weighs only 18.1 pounds. Furthermore, it has a print resolution of 9600 x 2400 and a 3.5 inch LCD touchscreen display.
Fully Functional and Durable
Existing users of this printer say that it runs smoothly and is super easy to use. It prints quietly and has a quick start operation. You can also use it to print CD/DVD labels.
It comes nicely packed along with a user manual, installation disc, cartridges and a power cord.
- Allows wireless printing.
- Speedy printer.
- Built-in card slot for memory cards for direct printing.
- Automatic power on/off.
- Does not support fax.
- Costly ink cartridges.
2. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
Best Printer for the Money
The HP Envy 4520 is an all-in-one wireless printer which prints beautiful borderless photos and is an absolute ink saver. It has a sleek & compact design and helps you to print from anywhere in your home.
This printer features duplex printing and a limited hardware warranty for 1 year. The input and output tray has a paper capacity of 100 and 25 sheets respectively.
It is compatible with all versions of windows including XP,7,8 and 10. Not only this but you can also use it with your MAC and chromebook of course.
This printer is actually fairly simple to set-up. Just connect the power cord and switch on.
- Affordable printer.
- Easy to connect and install.
- Cost efficient.
- Expensive ink.
- Time-consuming wireless connection.
3. Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA Wireless Monochrome Printer
Best Wireless Monochrome Printer
If you are a fan of Samsung and its products, then you are going to want to check out this wireless monochrome printer. This printer has a fast speed and delivers remarkable photo prints. It’s an absolute steal at just under $100.
Now your print is just one click away. You can either install Mobile Print App or if you are a chromebook user, you can install the Google Cloud Print. The elegant design and lightweight make it stand out from others in the market.
You can expect an easy installation and cost-effective printing.
It’s on our Top 5 list for a reason!
- Power saver printer.
- Fast and flawless printing.
- Print quality is moderate.
- Poor wireless connection.
4. Canon PIXMA MG2920 Wireless Inkjet All-in-One Printer
Best Inexpensive Inkjet Printer to Buy
The next up on our list is from the Canon again. This is the finest photo printer available out there in the market and is known as the Canon PIXMA MG2920.
It’s an inkjet printer which prints at a speed of 8 and 4 IPM for black and color respectively. It has a nice compact design and prints silently without disturbing others in the same room.
This printer is super lightweight with only 9 pounds. It comes with a setup CD-ROM, cartridges and a user manual. It even allows you to organize, access and personalize your favorite photos, thanks to the image garden software.
Customers liked many features of this printer and how versatile the printing abilities are. It’s smooth, flawless and delivers clear & sharp images.
- Super affordable price at just under 50 dollars.
- Easy to set up and delivers great prints.
- Not a good life. However, at such a low price even if it works for 1-2 years then it’s not bad.
- Wireless connectivity is average.
Best Color Photo printer
The last printer in our best printer for chromebook list is the Epson Expression Premium XP-600which has an unbeatable photo quality and top performance.
It’s an all-in-one wireless printer with a 2.7 inch LCD touchscreen which previews the document/photo before printing.
Just run the CD-ROM which comes along with the printer and install the software with the help of a step-by-step guide on your computer. For other devices like Ipads, Tablets and smartphones just install the necessary application from Appstore or Google Play.
A Super Printer…!
This printer makes everything works at your fingertips and has an awesome automatic photo correction feature.
The Epson XP-600 is a fast, brilliant and a versatile printer. We would definitely recommend this to anyone who’s looking for a wise choice.
The only downside of this product is that it does not have an automatic scan feeder. That means you have to load each paper individually to scan them. This eats a lot of time in scanning.
- Auto photo correction for perfect photos.
- Time-saving and duplex printing.
- No automatic scan feeder.
- Consumes a lot of ink.
6. Canon TS9120 Wireless All-In-One Printer
The Canon TS9120 can easily be considered the ideal all-in-one printer for your Chromebook since it has printing, copying, and scanning. You can run it on both macOS and Windows. You may use your machine to publish straight on inkjet-printable DVDs and CDs.
The Canon TS9120 is equipped with two paper trays. The second one serves to handle full-size paper such as legal documents and letterhead. It is simple to manage your activities through the 5.2-inch touchscreen. Moreover, the Canon TS9120 allows you to link it directly to a PC using a USB cable or a network router via an Ethernet cable or WiFi.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Extra ink cartridges allow a higher quality
- Two input trays available
- Lacks an automatic document feeder
- Doesn’t have NFC and WiFi direct features
7. Canon MG7720 Wireless All-In-One Printer
If you’re searching for a compact wireless Chromebook printer which may set out incredible photos and are on a budget, then the Canon MG 7720 is your solution. If you’re utilized to the ease of your Chromebook, then you’re likely to appreciate how well the Canon functions with it.
Packed with NFC, AirPrint, and Google cloud printing, you may take advantage of this printer from literally anywhere on the planet, and it’s perfect for private endeavors. Canon has genuinely was able to live up to their standing, with this world-class product.
- Perfect for home projects, especially for photographers using a Chromebook
- No built-in fax
8. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
The HP ENVY 5055 is a great multifunctional inkjet printer. You can do all of the scanning, printing, and copying you want in one place. It is capable of producing 1200 x 1200 DPI (dots per inch) prints at a speed of 7 PPM (pages per minute) for color and 10 PPM for shameful.
It may also use media of different sizes such as 8.5 x 14-inch legal to 3 x 5-inch paper. Add to this; you can print 8.5 x 11-inches borderless media. You can join your HP ENVY 5055 to your computer using a USB 2.0 cable for standard printing or utilize the built-in WiFi function.
Furthermore, you can send print jobs from your mobile phone through, Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, along with other programs. You can use the 2.2-inch touchscreen LCD to view your ongoing print job, ink levels, as well as change settings. The HP ENVY 5055 includes a 100-sheet input and also a 25-sheet output one to handle media, and its monthly duty cycle is a million pages.
- Can print with a wide range of paper sizes
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Compatible with HP’s smart app and Instant Ink
- Can be a little hard to set up
- Cost of running can be too high if you don’t subscribe to the instant ink program
9. Brother MFC-9330CDW All-in-One Color Laser Printer
The Brother MFC9330CDW is an all in a single wireless Chromebook-compatible printer, meaning it is fast, setting out an impressive speed of 23 pages per minute and has excellent scanning resolutions and built-in fax. It could print both sides of a sheet automatically and holds up to 250 sheets before needing a refill, making it a good office grade printer.
This is one of the most energy efficient printers within our list today, and it’s features like deep sleep to conserve energy when not being used. What we enjoyed the most about this Brother, mainly, is that it is Google Cloud ready. It’s possible to join an entire slew of Chromebooks to it effortlessly.
It also includes WiFi guide and AirPrint, letting you connect an assortment of different computers and mobile devices to it, with no hassles. An actual well-connected workhorse indeed.
- Superb office grade equipment with everything you could possibly want in a printer
- Google Cloud Print ready
- Fast prints and excellent high-quality scan ability, energy efficient
- It may not be ideal for home use since it is big and expensive compared to its home grade counterparts
10. Canon 2986C002 PIXMA TS6220 Wireless All in One Photo Printer
The Canon PIXMA TS6220 has it all, from printing to scanning to copying, and even compatibility with both Windows and Mac OS. It can accept paper up to 29# basis weight, which is less than that which many printers have to offer. It does compensate using a standard tray capacity of 100 sheets and an additional one capable of handling another 100. It also permits you to load letterhead paper.
The 3-inch display screen makes navigation and alterations to settings comfortable with all the touchscreen interface. You can connect your Canon PIXMA TS6220 directly to a PC using a USB cable or to your network router wirelessly with WiFi, which makes it a great wireless printer for a Chromebook.
- Excellent photo print quality
- Doesn’t occupy an ample space
- Two paper input trays
- Superb support for mobile devices
- Isn’t equipped with WiFi direct or NFC
- Lacks an automatic document feeder
- Relatively high running costs
11. Epson XP-830 Wireless Color Photo Printer
The Epson XP-830 is little in size, good at printing great quality photos and offers excellent connectivity along with an onboard USB port. The Epson has all the makings of a good all in one printer. It can even print on optical discs fast and accurate.
This printer has duplex printing capabilities and will save a lot of prices concerning paper use. The Epson XP-830 has onboard Ethernet ports also, so that you may continue to use it in case your WiFi is facing temporary difficulties.
- Great quality photo prints
- Fast (12 Pages per minute, which is impressive for a compact printer like this)
- Ink management on this printer needs a lot of improvement if you use it more often you are going to find yourself replacing the cartridges a lot
- No Google Cloud print support
The printers we have mentioned in this article are reliable with regular performance. Of course, they’re also cloud-ready with different connectivity options for you to be able to use them to print from a Chromebook.
In case you’re looking for the very best laser printer to your Chromebook, then the HP ENVY 5055 should be your choice. The Canon TS9120 are great choices if you are going to do plenty of photo printing.
I hope you find this list useful and informative. However, if you have any doubts or want to ask a question, then please leave a comment below.
Last update on 2020-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API